Took Me A While To Find My Feet In Bollywood: Diana Penty

Are you a big fan of Gorgeous Female Indian Celebrities? Here's one of the biggest collection of wallpapers and images from photoshoots and candids of North Indian and South Indian Female Actresses, Models, Singers & Sports Personalities.
jeevan

Re: Took Me A While To Find My Feet In Bollywood: Diana Penty

Postby jeevan » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:13 am

But four years after Cocktail came out, Happy Bhag Jayegi happened.

'When I came across Happy Bhag Jayegi, I knew it would be the perfect second film for me.

It was a funny, yet sweet story and it gave me the opportunity to play a character that was remarkably different from Meera. Since people had already labelled me as the shy, girl next door, I thought this would be a great way to give them something they weren't expecting. 'When I look back now, I realise that though it took me a while to find my feet, I eventually managed to chart my own course and find a space I'm happy in,' Diana told IANS.

​She says while the Meera of Cocktail was a lot like her in real life, her second film gave her 'the opportunity to break the mould and to prove that I could play this loud, vivacious character called Happy'.

'After Happy Bhag Jayegi released, a lot of people that knew me, my personality and my demeanour were pleasantly surprised with my portrayal of Happy. I'm generally soft spoken, very measured, and I think 500 times before I say something. But Happy was the antithesis of me.

'She spoke in decibels raised to the power of 500, was extremely impulsive, didn't think twice before she spoke and was a complete 'muhphat'. So yes, it took me a while to overcome my inhibitions and get into the skin of the character. But once I managed to do that, it was the most liberating experience of my life,' said Diana, who also featured in Lucknow Central last year and in Parmanu - The Story of Pokhran earlier this year.

Return to “Indian Celebs”

INTERESTING NEWS