The Perfect Puffin Portrait Captured

One of the most beautiful area of our website. We have wallpapers of Waterfall, Landscape, Sunrise, Sunset, Mountain, Flower, Cloud and the pictures of all the beautiful things nature has to offer.
jeevan

The Perfect Puffin Portrait Captured

Postby jeevan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:48 pm

I Captured The Perfect Puffin Portrait, And I Can’t Get Over How Happy The Little Seabird Is About It

A picture of a happy Puffin has gone viral on Instagram recently and has been shared with over 16 million people. After staying for 2 weeks on an island off the coast of Wales in the Atlantic Ocean, I was lucky enough to get an intimate look into the habits of the characterful Atlantic Puffin.

After a week of visiting the same area of the island each night, I realised that if I laid still for long enough, the Puffins would display a unique behaviour. Being naturally curious and characterful little seabirds, if the Puffins wandered close enough, they would catch a glimpse of their own reflection in my wide angle lens! I allowed the wild Puffin to spot itself in the lens glass before it moved closer and closer to investigate. When only an inch away from the lens, the bold little bird tried to peck its own reflection!

This sequence of images captured this incredible close up encounter with the charming little seabird, resulting in the perfect portrait!

Catching sight of himself

Sizing his reflection up

Smile

Puffin attack!

The Perfect Puffin Portrait!

Return to “Scenic Beauty”

INTERESTING NEWS