Learn How To Print Pictures On Wood

Are you an Art Lover? Or searching for a beautiful painting painted by your favorite artist? This section features a huge collection of arts and paintings by various World Class Artists.
shahrukh

Learn How To Print Pictures On Wood

Postby shahrukh » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Making something beautiful that is not only cheap but only requires 3 items? Count me in. I love decorating my home and adding personal touches. This craft project is so easy I couldn't resist sharing. Spruce up a bland bench, table, box or a cutting board with an image. All you need is a printer, wax paper and an unfinished wooden surface.

First, trim wax paper to fit through your printer.

Look on the internet for a high resolution image. If the image has words, you will need to reverse the image on Paint or another photo program.

Gently place the wax paper into the printer tray. It doesn't matter which side is face up because the transfer works from either side of the wax paper. Be careful that the paper doesn't twist or touch itself because this will cause the ink to smear. Press print.

Choose the wooden item you want the image to go on and place the wax paper on it. Once you've placed it on its location, you can't move it because the image will smudge.

Hold the transfer tightly on the wood and swipe the edge of a credit card across the image. This helps push the ink from the paper onto the wood. Push hard, but not so hard you rip the paper

You can check if it is successfully transferring by gently lifting the paper. If you see spots that didn't transfer, place the wax paper back on the wood in the same position and rub the paper with the credit card some more, burnishing it.

When you are finished rubbing and transferring, remove the wax paper. If you think you will be using the object you chose to decorate, protect it with a spray with a clear matte finish or a wood sealer.

Return to “Arts and Paintings”

INTERESTING NEWS