9 Things That Happen When You Sleep Too Much And They Are Not Good At All

Talk about workouts, healthy foods and more here..
jeevan

9 Things That Happen When You Sleep Too Much And They Are Not Good At All

Postby jeevan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:08 pm

Ironically, this is coming from someone who slept almost 20 hours this weekend.

Having said that, when I sat down to study what actually happens when you sleep too much, I did end up giving my bed weird looks.

Cancelling plans to sleep more, Netflix-and-chill-ing and then sleeping again: is this not a pattern that every millennial follows nowadays? But is it really healthy is the question. Have you ever wondered how much of a toll it is taking on our health and body?

Sleep is like the irritating ex who comes back in to your life when you don't want it to, and then after it goes away you crave it. Also, if it chooses someone else over you, it makes you jealous.

But what really happens when you sleep too much or should I say when that ex becomes too clingy?

1. Too much sleep actually makes you more sleepy than making you feel fresh. It has a reverse effect.

Do you not come to office and yawn constantly even if you’ve slept for 10 hours straight?

2. Sleeping more than eight hours a night increases your chances of dying from it by 34 per cent.

Diabetes is another problem that can occur due to excess sleeping. There is a rise in your blood sugar levels when you sleep too much that increases the level of glucose in your body, thereby also increasing the risk of you contracting type 2 diabetes.

3. You are most likely to get depression if you sleep for more than seven to nine hours a day.

Seven to nine hours of sleep a day, according to experts, is a healthy amount. Negative thoughts dig deeper after excessive hours of sleep and lead to overthinking.

4. Your pain tends to increase when you sleep too much.

While commonly it can appear to be natural to rest more when we're in pain, research states that sometimes excess rest can compound side effects. Headaches tend to increase after prolonged hours of sleep.

5. Women who sleep seven to eight hours in a day have higher chances of conceiving than women who sleep for more than eight hours.

Sleep outside the normal hours affects hormonal balance and this leads to fertility issues.

6. You gain weight.

7. Chronic long sleeping can age your brain by as much as two years and make it difficult to perform everyday tasks.

This is why people who sleep more find it difficult to concentrate too.

8. More headaches.

Certain transmitters in the brain including serotonin gets affected that leads to headaches. If you over sleep during the day too, be ready for an unwanted headache.

9. You may die early.

While we love sleeping and feel like staying between the sheets longer, it ain’t benefiting your body at all.

As we all know how too much of anything is bad. Even sleep.

Return to “Health & Fitness”

INTERESTING NEWS