We always remember the first time we held the hand of the person we liked and it is undoubtedly one of the most unforgettable moments. Holding hands is the first sign to show affection to each other. As sweet as this gesture is, it is surprising how many benefits it holds. Here are some you must know.
1. Holding hands with your significant other relieves stress as it decreases the level of a stress hormone called cortisol.
2. It makes you feel more connected. It is a great way of saying that I am here with you.
3. It helps in intensifying your relationship and your feelings for each other.
4. It also suggests that you both are pretty sure about each other and also sends a message of strong commitment.
5. Holding hands with your partner lowers your blood pressure, which is one of the major contributors to heart disease.
6. It’s always easier to endure pain, physical or mental while holding hands with your soulmate.
7. Holding hands also fight fear. You remember how you immediately reach someone's hand when you are scared right?
8. The oxytocin hormone released also activates cuddle hormone promoting feelings of devotion, trust, and bonding.
9. The simple act of holding hands has been viewed universally across cultures as a sign of solidarity.